Sunday, May 3

I am an addict

I love plants. Love, love, LOVE. I can't get enough of them.
In my first home I turned my kitchen & family room into a jungle. A rule had to be put in place that I had to remove one plant for every new one I brought home.

Then after my divorce, I had such a big garden on my condo balcony that there was only room for one person to sit out there, (but you got leaves poking you from all directions...and watch out that you don't hit your head on all the hanging baskets).

And now ... My new home is in Australia.  And my addiction has grown as much as my plants.
I plead mercy and innocence. How could my addiction not grow?  I'm in a country where all the tropical indoor plants I knew in Saskatchewan are now outdoor plants that easily survive the winters and actually grow to dizzying heights.

I am thankful for all the ways my garden helps me win the daily battle against pain:
I stretch my sore muscles as I walk & bend to water my plants
I get fresh air and vitamin D every day 
I get excited (and may I say even joyful?) when I discover new flowers 
Mmmm ... The smell of the leaves off the lemon tree is soooo soothing



No comments: